Tuesday 12 February 2008

Lacrosse 5 "disappearance trick" over the Pleiades, UARS and ISS again

The sky keeps being clear, so last evening I had another observing session.

In twilight I observed ISS again, and filmed it again as it passed Mars and descended to the eastern horizon. Below short movie (shot with my Ixus camera in "movie"-mode) shows it (Mars can occasionally be seen in the upper right corner):



I observed UARS in twilight too, on the request of John Locker. It was about mag. +2 in the brightest part of the pass.

Lacrosse 5 (05-016A) made an initially nice & bright pass that brought it very close to the Pleiades. As I was photographing it, it did it's infamous "disappearance trick" right above the star cluster:

(click image to enlarge)


Other objects observed (telescopically) this evening were USA 129 and the NOSS 3-2 duo.

Last but not least, I imaged the moon again through my Meade ETX-70:

(click image to enlarge)

No comments: