Wednesday 31 October 2012

A sad loss for SatTrackCam - R.I.P. Pippi (our cat), 12 May 2006 - 30 Oct 2012.

Pippi, 12 May 2006 - †30 October 2012


SatTrackCam Leiden (Cospar 4353) suffered a painful loss yesterday. Pippi, our cat, died from kidney failure at the age of only 6.5 (which is young for a cat).

Over the past 3 years Pippi was my furry companion during many observing sessions. She would  join me outside, sitting next to the tripod, watching carefully what I was doing (or, when it was cold, watch me from behind the window). When I occasionally moved from the courtyard to the city moat (some 50 meters distant from our house) to target geostationary satellites, she would go with me, sit next to me, frolick about a bit in the grass along the moat: and when it took too long to her liking, cross the road again and meow untill I would finish the session and walked back home with her.

She will be dearly missed and the observing sessions will definitely be a bit more lonely here. In more than one way this was a remarkable, smart and bright cat, and Suuz and I are deeply saddened by her untimely death.

Pippi watching me from behind the window during
an observing session (photo taken in April 2010):




Pippi as a kitten:






Pippi as an adult cat:













My favorite image of her:

 

No comments: